Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pgug
Level 7

hello, can you tell me the difference between the roku 9101r and the 9100x soundbar

hello, can you tell me the difference between the roku 9101r and the 9100x soundbar

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: hello, can you tell me the difference between the roku 9101r and the 9100x soundbar

The 9100x is a stripped down model available from Walmart, with a peak power of 40 watts. It comes with an infrared direct-line-of site remote.

The 9101r is available from Roku directly as well as Best Buy. It has a peak power rating of 60 watts. It comes with a point-anywhere voice remote that allows you to do voice searches. It is also compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa voice assistants.

Data source: https://www.ecoustics.com/products/roku-smart-soundbar-2019/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
Jim1348
Level 8

Hello, Can You Tell Me The Difference Between The Roku 9101R And The 9100X Soundbar

I had not really given any thought to a soundbar, but now that I see soundbars with Roku built into them, I may have to check them out. 

How long has Roku had soundbars? Have they always had Roku streaming built into them?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hello, Can You Tell Me The Difference Between The Roku 9101R And The 9100X Soundbar

@Jim1348 wrote:

I had not really given any thought to a soundbar, but now that I see soundbars with Roku built into them, I may have to check them out. 

How long has Roku had soundbars? Have they always had Roku streaming built into them?

Here's a product announcement from September 2019:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/04/roku-smart-soundbar-roku-player-price-release-date.html

I do find the concept intriguing, but in general I don't like to combine functions into common units.  If one part has problems, you have to replace the whole thing.  I've stuck with separate Roku devices rather than TVs with Roku built in, for instance.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos