Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force enrollment to use TV?

I purchased a television from a major retailer and was forced to enroll in this companies site, I am not usually derogatory about any organization, nor its origin. I am appalled that a product that I purchased requires me to be a member of its community. My property should function without your association. **bleep** YOU.

If anybody in this organization can explain this, feel free to.

1 Reply
Level 9

Re: force enrollment to use TV?

Just wait till this organization starts updating your tv with changes that haven't been tested, and features that no rational person would think is a good idea.

As Bachman Turner Overdrive once said, "You ain't seen nothing yet..."

If you feel this way already, out of the box, just return it, and get something different. Sony/Android is supposed to be a contender for Roku functionality. There's other streaming devices. If you really have to have Roku, maybe a extneral Roku box (express, premiere, ultra) would be better than having it embedded in the tv. I've got a feeling a lot of the update problems we have is due to Roku trying to support more variety in hardware than is realistic. (If I ever buy a Roku product again, it will only be that way. Contain their reach into my home that way. They're not responsible enough to be trusted with more reach.).

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world — to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011). The latest software update removed any doubt who rules & controls my TV.
0 Kudos