cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delfuego
Binge Watcher

Re: dialogue not audible only background noise

Jump to solution

sorry to hear that. My problem was isolated to the Roku channel. All other channels worked fine so it wasn't the device malfunctioning. I'm assuming that you already performed the perfunctory reset of modem and router.

0 Kudos
Stream7336
Reel Rookie

Re: dialogue not audible only background noise

Jump to solution

I unplugged and reset multiple times.  I also tried switching to alternate Audio options under the Roku Settings menu, as a few other posters suggested.  Nothing.  I finally gave up, only to have the dialogue audio track miraculously return the following day. Seems to be some glitch Roku hasn't addressed.  A MAJOR disappointment.

0 Kudos
Tony_Mo

Re: dialogue not audible........................................................

Jump to solution

Background noise is fine but there's no audiable diaolog. It's only on Roku channel that this happens. It seems to be an ongoing problem that Roku hasn't cared to solve as I see. I am very disappointed in your lack of actions and I won't buy anymore of your products. You're customer service is sorry and you should be ashamed. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: dialogue not audible........................................................

Jump to solution

Hi @Tony_Mo 

We're here to help!

Please be advised that this thread was created last year and this issue might have been resolved for the users who posted here before. 

Moreover, we'd like to know more about your concern. Does the issue only occur on specific content within The Roku Channel or all movies/series within the app? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mokat
Binge Watcher

Re: dialogue not audible - Lambs of God

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue different, series Lambs of God, Topic/Roku Channel that was just installed tonight. Episode 1 worked fine, the rest of them no dialogue only background music.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: dialogue not audible - Lambs of God

Jump to solution

@Mokat

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
elliottQ

Jump to solution

I as well have this issue. I can hear everything on a preview on Netflix,  yet when playing the selected video. There is no dialogue sound.  Only surround sounds. Just bought the ultra a couple weeks ago.  Worked after setting up.  Now it doesn't work on any other channel/streaming service. I'll probably send back and look elsewhere.  I thought I had a great product. 

0 Kudos