Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peaceablegarden
Channel Surfer

Re: clock / time missing

Jump to solution

Thank you! Seems back to normal now.

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

Re: clock / time missing

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

Missing clock issue seems to be resolved. Thank you.

One note: When clock was missing I could still stream content, but the Alexa ROKU skill would not work. It was unable to communicate, even though internet was available for streaming. If I restarted the TCL TV and the clock was present then Alexa ROKU skill would work again until the next time the TV was off and a power ON would not show the clock. Just a note to provide to the developers about some of the behavior.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
spunkidi

Re: missing time option from System menu

Jump to solution

Hello Roku Support! I've read all the community discussion regarding the missing "time/clock/time zone" option from the System menu.  We purhased a camper and it came with a Roku TCL 40" television. We love the television but are NOT loving the fact that nowhere can we find a time/clock option in the entire Roku menu.  It does not exist.  I've unplugged the TV numerous times for the suggested 10-15 minutes (most times longer) to see if it will bring the clock to a current time setting and it doesn't change anything.  I'm baffled at the non-existence option on the TV to reset the clock.  I'm also baffled at the inability for Roku to solve this problem.  Roku should have a team of electronic experts with the capabilities to resolve this HUGE issue that so many peope are experiencing.  Please do not send me a "canned" response to this email.  I'd like a real person to address my inquiry and help me find a way to fix this problem.  Roku has teamed with the camper industry and I would expect they would put quality products and quality support into the products they have in these expensive campers.  I expect nothing less than to have this fixed.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: missing time option from System menu

Jump to solution

@spunkidi   Roku does not make TV's. They only make the software and sell it to companies such as TCL, Hisense and Sharp. So your TV is manufactured by someone. There is a clock on the top right of the home screen but a Roku TV requires an internet connection. Does it say "no connection" on the top right of the home screen? Since this is a camper do you have the TV hooked up to a mobile hotspot?  Your Roku TV can only obtain the proper time if it has an internet connection to tell it the proper time. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208754468

0 Kudos