Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peaceablegarden
Channel Surfer

clock / time missing

Jump to solution

It seems like the latest update for my Roku TVs (both TVs have been impacted) removed the clock at the top of the home screen (not the screen saver). I've gone through all the settings to see if it is turned off but there's not even a setting for that. The settings for the clock are still there though and I've tried resetting those but to no avail. Not sure how to get the clock back.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: clock / time missing

Jump to solution

Hi everyone. Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue. This should now be resolved, and things should be functioning normally again. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Jump to solution

@peaceablegarden wrote:

It seems like the latest update for my Roku TVs (both TVs have been impacted) removed the clock at the top of the home screen (not the screen saver). I've gone through all the settings to see if it is turned off but there's not even a setting for that. The settings for the clock are still there though and I've tried resetting those but to no avail. Not sure how to get the clock back.

Same here. Unable to locate clock day after daylight savings time

JTrochester
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Are they going to fix it? Without the clock my tv guide does not work on my tv.

Sparrow1

Jump to solution

Had the same problem. Unplugged my Roku tv for about 15-30 seconds. After plugging it back in, the time appeared. 

peaceablegarden
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That worked for me as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
brsly

Jump to solution

That's no really a fix. I reset my TCL TV and clock came back, but was missing the next day.

peaceablegarden
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As mentioned below, this does not fix the problem. I turned the TV off then on and the clock is missing again.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are seeing. A few more questions here to help better understand what you are seeing: 

- Could you please include a picture of the clock that you are referring to on screen? Is this the clock that displays on the Home screen in the upper righthand corner, or is this a clock that displays on a screensaver? 

- When you observe the clock is missing, are you able to successfully stream something from one of your streaming channels, such as 'The Roku Channel'? 

- If you restart the TV, does the clock reappear at least initially? Is it just leaving the TV off for an extended period of time that seems to cause the clock to disappear? 

- Have you reviewed and/or updated your TV's zip code in Settings>System>Zip code to ensure that it is correct? 

- Do you have Fast TV Start enabled in Settings>System>Power?

With more information, we can continue looking into this. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
JackB67

Jump to solution

I noticed that this happen when we changed the clocks. Tcl/Roku tech support should be asking for screenshots they should be working an update solution...more time spent with another garbage China made product! They sell them but don’t support them....

peaceablegarden
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is the clock in the home screen in the upper corner

Yes, can stream

Yes, unplugging makes it reappear but turning off the tv and back on will make it go missing again

Resetting zip does not change anything

Turned on fast does not change anything

The problem remains