Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizrayburn

Re: channel guide stopped working

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I have factory reset, unplugged, checked zip code, even unconnected antennae and reconnected. I do have info for tv show while on that channel by pressing star button. This is frustrating to try and plan in advance what I would like to watch. The living room tv (different brand) tv guide is working fine. 

0 Kudos
Flatbed1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My channel guide is not working since yesterday please do something about it on both my tvs

glend123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My TV guide stopped working also a couple days ago. shows no data available. This Roku TV is becoming a pain in the ass, when it used to be good. today is 2-26-2021

Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The TOA Guide problem is apparently being corrected. I got mine back by doing a "System Restart" in the power menu, then, after the set comes back up, and the OTA Guide has a chance to reload, right arrow for a few hours worth of shows and it may suddenly clunk in with program data again.

DMB-44130
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Apparently, it is a Roku problem. I chatted with a CSR today, she sent me thru **bleep**.  Made me run back & forth to my living room tv, giving her serial #, last update date, all this info, I kept trying to tell her I had TWO tvs (one I bought last week) and they were both doing the SAME THING so it was no use in collecting all this info, and to please report to ROKU because other people were reporting the same thing. I asked for a supervisor & she hung up on me! After all that!  I will return this hunk of junk right back to the store because the channel guide is the only reason I bought it! 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DMB-44130 , there was probably no reason to talk to Roku phone support. It's a system issue. They can't do anything. But, your experience shows what anyone would assume/conclude from this forum. The phone support people apparently weren't even aware of a massive outage. That's confirmation of what this forum would suggest to anyone about support (and how serious Roku's effort is.). It's like they're not even serious. Wouldn't the phone support be the first people you'd tell?

Being hung up on when deviating from the script is already reported by others. That's the robotic nature of Roku's "put you off till you can't take it anymore" style of support (which we see in the forum too).

So, like other advice (about just being patient and wait for the problem to go away), you could probably have saved yourself aggravation by not contacting Roku's phone support. Whenever the guide comes back, you'd continue to be fat-dumb-happy (just one problem away from the very troubling reality that does exist.).

I keep thinking of all the people whose tvs were broken by obviously untested updates. I bet they wish they'd had a potentially "pointless aggravation" with Roku's phone support (before their return window was closed.). Tell them they shouldn't be angry.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
rtrik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine is back to working again. Hopefully its fixed for everyone. 

roberta591
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

2/26/2021 6PM Mine started working again - kinda - data is not fully populated but looks like it is slowly getting better. Hopefully the OTA guide is back,

Altpsych1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Today is 2/26/2021

i landed on this site because like others, the local OTA channel guide was not coming up for a few days.   This early evening it returned.  

While I don’t know for sure, I have a feeling roku was doing its own systems upgrade and adding some new channels.  While it did this, it pulled the guide off and did not let any of the customers know what was going on,

well see if the program guide is still there in the morning and it stays.

when things disappear without letting the customers know, dare I say, it’s crazy making.  Would have been so easy to post a notice on this site so many would have not pulled out their hair in the search.

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Altpsych1 wrote: Would have been so easy to post a notice on this site so many would have not pulled out their hair in the search.

We've been told already that Roku doesn't have the money for that (even though they're having a record earnings year.). BTW: CEO Wood sold over $160 million in Roku stock this month alone. But, nobody could call the help desk to inform them there was an outage affecting customers, and to expect calls. Instead, just let customers endure the torture of (mandatory, unyielding) scripted "now reboot your tv... We have to do this. I can't escalate to Level 2 until..."

The customer always comes last.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.