Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbrezina
Reel Rookie

can't watch movies on Roku channel

Jump to solution

Every time I try to watch a movie it shows me play but it's not starting. It returns to screen where it says play.

Model: 390EU - Roku Express

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Device ID: S01V31800EH9

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: can't watch movies on Roku channel

Jump to solution

@sbrezina

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that The Roku Channel is only supported in certain regions, which would explain the behavior that you are experiencing.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: Get The Roku Channel

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @sbrezina

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sbrezina
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi.

All other channels beside Netflix, Amazon and HBO.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sbrezina

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting I posted above? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sbrezina
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi.

I followed your instructions and removed 'The Roku Channel' and restarted the device as you told me. Then I added the channel again and still the same issue. I can select the movie, press PLAY it's loading and returns the scree where I should press PLAY.

So the mentioned steps didn't solve it

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sbrezina

Thanks for the follow up.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? In addition, where are you currently located?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sbrezina
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

The device is plugged in via TV USB and I'm in the Netherlands.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sbrezina

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that The Roku Channel is only supported in certain regions, which would explain the behavior that you are experiencing.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: Get The Roku Channel

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos