Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbbyNormals
Reel Rookie

can't view my personal network

Jump to solution

I bought this tv to replace one that took a lightning hit. Much to my dismay I don't seem to be able to look at my home network. I have a NAS system with my movies on it for when my internet go's down. which seems to be a regular thing out here in the sticks. Does anyone know of a way to get this tv to access a personal network?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can't view my personal network

Jump to solution

@AbbyNormals 

Generally, just make sure both are on the same network and then use Roku Media Player (often referred to as RMP) to browse your movies of your NAS.

Additionally, may have to enable miniDLNA, DLNA, or UPnP in order for Roku Media Player to recognize your NAS as a media server. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AbbyNormals 

Generally, just make sure both are on the same network and then use Roku Media Player (often referred to as RMP) to browse your movies of your NAS.

Additionally, may have to enable miniDLNA, DLNA, or UPnP in order for Roku Media Player to recognize your NAS as a media server. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

AbbyNormals
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank You!! That did the trick..

This is my first Roku anything, So all the help is appreciated.