Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubba4
Reel Rookie

can't get reg channels worked on this new roku Tv for 5 hrs today

We bought a new Roku TV , I had a streaming stick on older TV . I tried to set up new one account, called for help. have been on phone for 5 hrs. I removed my old account, I can turn this on but can't get reg channels. It wants me to go on guest mode ,This will be my main TV .HELP

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can't get reg channels worked on this new roku Tv for 5 hrs today

Hi! I'm not completely following your problem. When you say regular channels, do you mean the OTA stations you get with an antenna, or the channels/apps that are within the Roku operating system?

Did you link this new TV to your existing Roku user account, or did you create a new account? There was no reason to create a new account, unless you want different apps/channels on your Roku Stick and the Roku TV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bubba4
Reel Rookie

I'm so frustrated, Support guy said if it shows my E-mail I'm connected, well it shows but all I see is blinking or Spectrum I can't get local channels like 4-5-9-11 . He didn't help and I'm not very tec-no . I don't know what to do

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, let's walk through this. So on the Settings/About screen, it shows your Roku user account email address, correct? That means the TV is correctly linked to your user account.

Do you have an antenna connected to the TV, or do you use the Spectrum channel on the Roku to view your local stations? If you have an antenna, did you scan for the local channels during the setup process? 

When you are on the main Roku home screen, do you see all of the channels you used to see on your old Stick player? They should have loaded automatically when you linked your TV to your existing account. Roku always throws some other channels in as well, hoping you might subscribe to them. 

You say you see blinking. Is that the screen blinking off and on? If so, that sounds like a defective TV, and I would exchange it where you purchased it. You shouldn't see any blinking or flashing on-screen.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos