Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

broadcasting youtube to the tv from mobile device

Jump to solution

i set up the roku tv but none of my mobile devices recognize it when i try to cast youtube. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: broadcasting youtube to the tv from mobile device

Jump to solution

@potato  Thanks for reaching out. Your Roku TV and your mobile device will need to be connected to the same wireless network in order for that functionality to work. 

If you need additional support, feel free to reach out to your Roku TV manufacturer for more help. You can locate their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@potato  Thanks for reaching out. Your Roku TV and your mobile device will need to be connected to the same wireless network in order for that functionality to work. 

If you need additional support, feel free to reach out to your Roku TV manufacturer for more help. You can locate their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

they are connected to the same network.  no device recognizes the tv

this "solution" didn't solve anything

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Nope. Not at all.

Casting worked just fine, for YEARS, untill past week. Now I don't ever see the cast button in my YouTube app, unless YouTube is also open on my Roku, whereas before I could tell it to cast, and doing so would cause YouTube to open on the tv. 

JUST **bleep**ING FIX THIS **bleep** ALREADY!!

0 Kudos