Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBinBR
Reel Rookie

audio stuttering using usb stick for live tv pause

When I attach a usb stick to a TCL Roku TV 65 in 5 series, I get audio stutters on live TV.   Happens a few times per hour.

I've tried a few usb sticks.

Does any one know a usb drive that works without stuttering?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
IPinTX
Reel Rookie

Re: audio stuttering using usb stick for live tv pause

I have the same problem on my 65R655. 6 Series. I'm using a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 16GB stick.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Greeting @IPinTX

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help. Some customers have reported that using a smaller capacity USB drive helps in smoother playback when using a USB. Have you tried using a different small USB thumb drive to see if that helps?

You may also refer to this link: How to pause live television on your Roku TV

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
IPinTX
Reel Rookie

Instructions state to use 16GB or larger. I tried an 8GB and it will not work. The error says it must be 16GB or larger.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@IPinTX

Thanks for testing and keeping us posted. 

Do you have another USB drive plug on your TV for another application, such as Roku Media Player? If so, we suggest you remove it and then try again. If this doesn't help, try using a different USB drive. 

We also recommend checking the signal strength, the quality of the over-the-air signal can fluctuate due to environmental conditions. You can check signal strength by tuning to an over-the-air channel and pressing an OK button on Roku remote on your Roku TV remote control. The more bars you see, the stronger the signal. You can sometimes improve signal strength by adjusting the location or position of the HDTV antenna.

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AlanBryce

I have the same problem on my new Roku tv by Roku. When the flash drive is inserted, live tv pause works. But when watching live tv, the audio skips, and then goes if track with the video. I have tried 2 different new drives. When there no drive inserted I do not have the audio problem. Anybody figure this out yet?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AlanBryce 

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having troubles with your Live TV and we're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Have you tried to perform a system reboot? If not, follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

If the issue is still persistent, let us know and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you with this. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
440mike
Binge Watcher

Hello

I have new 6 series that this is happening with.  driving me crazy as it doesn't happen on my 5 or my old 4.  i even exchanged the tv and it still happens.  it is fine when the usb is not installed.  i have tried multiple different usb's, resets, swapped with my other TCLs and it only happens on my new 6 65".  TCL is no help when you call them either.  Someone at Roku help

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @440mike,

Thanks for posting.

Could you please provide specific information about the issue you're having? Also, does the issue happen to a specific channel?

With more detailed information we'll be able to assist you better.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
440mike
Binge Watcher

it is the same as everyone else.  it happens on OTA channels (all of them) when the usb is plugged in for live tv pause.

0 Kudos