Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lesliep
Level 7

apps not opening on roku tv

Jump to solution

All of a sudden roku TV not opening the channels we usually watch - amazon prime, vudu, YouTube.

It looks like it will open then backs out to home screen. Other channels seem to be working.

Help!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: apps not opening on roku tv

Jump to solution

@maryjeannette  Thanks for the note here. 

When troubleshooting channel issues by uninstalling/reinstalling, it is important to make sure to follow the steps in order to properly remove the channel. 

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Home screen. Press the * key and choose 'Remove channel'

2. Restart your TV entirely from Settings>System>Power>System restart 

3. Once your TV reboots, go to Streaming channels, search for or locate the channel, and add it back once more. 

If the issue still persists from there, I might recommend rebooting both your TV and wireless router/modem, then trying again. Please try these steps once more and keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you! We were missing the system restart from power step. Everything looks good now. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@lesliep Thanks for the note here. I'd recommend starting by taking a look here for steps to help troubleshoot issues you may encounter with channels: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issues with those same channels/apps on my Roku TV: Vudu, Amazon Prime, and YouTube. They stopped working this afternoon showing an hourglass and then a crash back to the home screen. Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn’t help and the Roku system is up to date. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@maryjeannette  Thanks for the note here. 

When troubleshooting channel issues by uninstalling/reinstalling, it is important to make sure to follow the steps in order to properly remove the channel. 

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Home screen. Press the * key and choose 'Remove channel'

2. Restart your TV entirely from Settings>System>Power>System restart 

3. Once your TV reboots, go to Streaming channels, search for or locate the channel, and add it back once more. 

If the issue still persists from there, I might recommend rebooting both your TV and wireless router/modem, then trying again. Please try these steps once more and keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you! We were missing the system restart from power step. Everything looks good now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
The10man81
Level 7

Jump to solution

Disney+ doesn’t have “remove channel” as an option. 

0 Kudos