Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moltoparticolar
Level 7

airplay mpeg4 videos

Trying to use Airplay to stream videos from iPad to TCL Roku TV.  iPad shows TV as option, and I can select it.  On TV, I get the Airplay screen, but no video.  iPad then shows message about MPEG4 format not able to stream to this TV.  YouTube videos stream fine.  Any reason why MPEG4 videos won't stream via airplay to Roku TV?  What formats are OK?  Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: airplay mpeg4 videos

@moltoparticolar 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-can you provide us with a piece of content or sample that you are experiencing this issue with

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
moltoparticolar
Level 7

I tried 2 different TVs, one with Roku built in, and one with Roku Stick.  Neither can airplay my videos or movies on my computer, but both can play other videos like YouTube.  When I try, I can see the option of choosing the Roku device, and I see the Airplay screen on my TV, but that's it - it's just the settings option, and Airplay is turned on - but no movie.  I tried attaching a small video, and even the Get Info screen from a movie, but I couldn't attach it to this message.  A sample video or movie shows format as MPEG-4, with Codecs AAC, H.264.  Thank you very much.  

Roku TV:  TCL 65S517;  Roku 7119X

SN: YSOOE6507485

Device ID: FU285E507485

Software: 9.4.0; 4190-30.

------------------------------------

Roku Stick:  3810X

SN:  YHOOHX332210

Device ID: 21308H332210

Software: 9.4.0; 4190-50

------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@moltoparticolar 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

In addition, I have sent you a PM requesting a sample of content that you are experiencing an issue playing. I will assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
wjcurran
Level 7

I have the same issue: the roku TV is th TCL 95R635 and I'm running Mac OS 10.15.7

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@wjcurran 

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing the same issue, please provide us with the information that I have requested in my previous post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kdrey
Level 7

I am having same problem. I start video and it appears for a split second. It disappears and the “AirPlay” screen. I can watch YouTube videos but no movies downloaded etc.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kdrey

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku device are you using? Can you please provide the steps to reproduce the issue as well as provide screenshots of what you are seeing so we can better understand the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos