Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patricija
Channel Surfer

YouTube not working on TCL smart tv

Jump to solution

My YouTube channel has stopped opening on my TCL smart tv. 

I even worked with TCL and nothing works. I have: 1) removed and readied YouTube, (2) unplugged tv and restarted, 3) restarted tv at through system 4) made sure everything is updated. I have yet to do a full factory reset of my tv as the TCL person said it probably wont help. YouTube works just fine on my Roku express on my tv in the other room. Help! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patricija
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube not working on TCL smart tv

Jump to solution

After doing everything I remove both YouTube app AND Youtubetv app. Then I did a system reset and added back you tube. That fixed the bug!!! You have to remove both apps even though YouTubetv app was working just fine. Phew!!! What a pain in the **bleep**!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You may have already done this. But, 1) I would remove the app. 2) go to home>settings>system>power, and do the restart there. (If "fast start" is enabled, disable it before restarting). 3 Add the app again. 

#2 is what I'm wondering if you did exactly that order, and that way.

Roku's problems are strange. Everyone seems to have a variation of the same problem. But, there's always something that isn't quite the same. You have to wonder if the tv manufacturers are using different hardware (new revision) during manufacturing. The Roku environment is like a mine field. There's a pattern, but it isn't exact. (I often wonder if they aren't in cahoots with the tv to manufacturer to send a signal to the tv to tell it to stop working after some period of time. Force you to buy a new tv.).

If the above doesn't work. I would do the factory reset. You wouldn't think it should work. But, stranger things have happened.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Patricija
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yup I did it exactly that order exactly that way. Maybe like 10 times 😂 it’s how I workout and my kid likes watching train videos so this is a total pain!

When I select it, the screen goes black, then it just goes back to the home page. 😞

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I haven't seen anyone have that (but, I haven't been here long either. Long enough to see there's a very big problem in Roku Town. It's a disaster.).

Maybe someone can explain how you (alone) have yet another variation of black screen. My advice is to buy an external streaming box (Amazon Fire? Roku makes some, and they may be better. But, "once bitten, twice shy"). You can get more life out of your TV  that way. You'll still have antenna tv this way, and streaming through a separate device (not all your eggs in one, unstable basket) which you can take to a new tv whenever Roku updates you into further abandonment.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Patricija
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After doing everything I remove both YouTube app AND Youtubetv app. Then I did a system reset and added back you tube. That fixed the bug!!! You have to remove both apps even though YouTubetv app was working just fine. Phew!!! What a pain in the **bleep**!

Jump to solution

Your solution also worked for me!

zazagoo

Jump to solution

Just today, the TCL Roku YouTube app is suddenly requiring a google login.

Channels lost, the algorithm is offering anything and evertything.

I am NOT at all happy.

0 Kudos