Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cholla07

YouTube TV App Won't Load on Sharp Roku TV

I have a Sharp Roku TV, it's about 3 years old now.  All Roku apps functional normally except my YouTube TV app.  About 3 weeks ago it simply stopped loading the app.  The TV hangs for about 60 seconds totally frozen then reboots itself.  No change in functionality.  They same app loads just fine on a Roku premiere I have on another TV.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube TV App Won't Load on Sharp Roku TV

The usual suggestion is to delete the app; then go to home>settings>system>power to do a "restart." (If the "fast start" option is enabled, I would disable that. It keeps things in memory, never reloading fresh copies. Things go bad, and stay bad.). Then install the app.

If that doesn't work, then people are told to contact the app's support. 

Before trying that, I would try the so-called "clear the cache:"

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

That's known to fix odd problems. It wouldn't hurt to try it. I'd try it first.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
Doug4
Reel Rookie

I have tried clearing the cache and this did not help........now what? Thanks-----

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Doug4,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend contacting Youtube TV directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. 

Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Doug4
Reel Rookie

After restarting my Roku TV, the YouTube app started working just fine........If that does not work, power off the TV and unplug the power wait 30 seconds and power back on. Hope this helps someone.....

0 Kudos