Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Yamaha ATS-1060 Sound Bar with TCL Roku TV and Roku Wireless Speakers

Jump to solution

Does the Roku TV (TCL Series 5) with Roku wireless speakers support non-Roku sound bars?  My TV sees my sound bar (pic below shows TV Settings > System > CEC, connected via HDMI ARC).  But no sound comes out of the sound bar.  When I play something, sound only comes out of the wireless speakers.

Does having the Roku wireless speakers make this setting impossible?

Is this doable - the Roku wireless speakers with a Yamaha sound bar?

CEC Devices.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Yamaha ATS-1060 Sound Bar with TCL Roku TV and Roku Wireless Speakers

Jump to solution

@Josh28  Thanks for the note here. Unfortunately, that setup would not be supported. Roku TV Wireless Speakers are only supported for use in combination with the Roku Smart Soundbar or Roku Wireless Subwoofer.

If you are trying to use a different A/V receiver or Soundbar, you would need to switch the audio output source in the TV's settings from your wireless speakers to that audio device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Yamaha ATS-1060 Sound Bar with TCL Roku TV and Roku Wireless Speakers

Jump to solution

@Josh28  Thanks for the note here. Unfortunately, that setup would not be supported. Roku TV Wireless Speakers are only supported for use in combination with the Roku Smart Soundbar or Roku Wireless Subwoofer.

If you are trying to use a different A/V receiver or Soundbar, you would need to switch the audio output source in the TV's settings from your wireless speakers to that audio device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post