Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlyn22

Wrong movie played, The Alamo

When we tried to play the 2004 movie The Alamo in the Roku app on my Roku TV, it was the 1960 version that played.  We ended up having to rent it on Amazon because my son needs to watch it today for a school assignment, but wanted to alert Roku about it so it can fixed for other people. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wrong movie played, The Alamo

@Jlyn22 

The only free showing of the Alamo (2004) appears to be listed for Movieland.tv channel/app and it is playing the incorrect version.  Usually the channel/app developer needs to be contacted to correct any errors/issues with their channel/app.

Only contact info for the creator of movieland.tv I have ever found is for @wajid_bux email (wajid_bux@yahoo.com).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
wajid_bux
Reel Rookie

There is no error, it is the 1960 version of "The Alamo" and not the 2004 version.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@wajid_bux 

Search results are indicating the 2004 version available for Movieland.  Not coming up under the 1960 version.  Not really sure how the Search Results are culminated for Roku Search but was under impression came from providers (channels/apps) themselves or whatever Search providers channel/app developers utilized.

Click on image to enlarge.

Alamo_2004.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos