Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DisastifiedAL
Roku Guru

With the last Roku update, My screen is Very Dim even on Vivid mode, How can I undo last Update?

I recently did an update in an effort to fix the screen small in left corner, The last update fixed that issue but introduced new one to me. After the update, Everything is darker, a bit like when you turn HDR on and it doesn't work right on my TCL, Just makes EVERYTHING DIM. I have disabled HDR, but even on Vivid mode with cold or warm it is still TOO dark where it was nice and bright before. I am NOT a fan of dark screens at ALL! It is not my taste on viewing, even though it seems to be popular. I I wish Roku would leave OS settings alone. Can I revert the last update to one before that?, I'll deal with corner screen bug to have a screen I can actually see.

This is AFTER my last Update, Please help
I can furnish an Uncovered copy in PM to roku staff if requested

tcluncensoredsmall2.jpg

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: With the last Roku update, My screen is Very Dim even on Vivid mode, How can I undo last Update?

Hi @DisastifiedAL 

Thanks for the post in the Community regarding your Roku TV screen brightness.

In order for us to better understand what you are experiencing, can you provide us a screenshot of what you are seeing? Have you already tried changing the brightness settings under Settings > TV picture settings > TV brightness > Brighter?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos