cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jonwtkr
Level 8

Re: Wireless speakers keep disconnecting and reconnecting

Lol.. It isn't ready or intuitive is it!

I clicked on the respondent's name and then on the website on the right settled private message from his profile 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

For information on how to send a private message, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nat05
Level 7

I Wanta Be Dan...  https://www.roku.com/products/audio/roku-smart-soundbar Get that Sound Bar, And the Subwoofer, In this small Appartment!!!  But I'm Going to be Dan...    Play Final Fantasy 7, Really Loud!

But where's my Steven King movies, I found The Langoliers..  But I didn't find, The Storm Of The Century...  I wanta watch those really loud too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Brooklahn
Level 7

Having this same problem. 

Have a TCL Roku TV on Verizon Fios wireless network. Have had the speakers for more than a year with no problem.

Had a handiman at my house yesterday rewiring the switches and outlets in our house. He unintentionally cut power to my router 10-15 times. 

Now my speakers are cutting out intermittently, and taking 1-2 minutes to cycle back on and reconnect. 

Have tried rebooting the TV, speakers and router. Nothing seems to fix the problem. 

Definitely have not changed the settings being discussed in the thread above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Brooklahn 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
texxasrulez
Level 7

I have experienced this issue myself for a while now but not too often, until the 9.2.6 Build 5201 Update came and now my speakers are disconnecting about every 3 minutes constantly. I had my TV hard wired and wireless (5ghz) and tried several channels and problem persists across every connection I have tried.

I have a 65" TCL Roku Model 65S423 with Roku Wireless speakers model 9030X and a wireless subwoofer.

PLEASE get this issue fixed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jwalden
Level 7

I have accepted the fact they make great book ends. Wish there was a fix but I feel as though I have exhausted all options. Still no help from Roku. 

Highlighted
Jonwtkr
Level 8

Sad but true. My book ends will hopefully deliver sound again one day.

Since this forum gathers absolutely no momentum to find a resolution, I’d suggest posting on Yelp and every other social media that might generate the attention of Roku executives and embarrass them into fixing seriously flawed products like this.  It certainly is not providing a fit for purpose product.

good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@texxasrulez @jwalden @Jonwtkr 

Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're experiencing—I'm sorry to hear about any frustrations.  You can always reach our support team for more help with your wireless speakers here: https://support.roku.com/contactus by selecting 'Questions about setup or using my Roku'. Then, choose your specific product from the list, and select 'Solving Roku audio device issues.' 

If you haven't already, please try following the steps listed outlined here to troubleshoot any connection issues with your wireless speakers: https://support.roku.com/article/360012217053-how-do-i-resolve-audio-playback-issues-on-my-roku-tv-w...

If you need still more help from there, feel free to reach out to our support team, or send me a private message with your Roku account email address, your Roku TV serial number from Settings>System>About, and your preferred contact information. I'll have a member of our support team follow up from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos