cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jayens
Level 7

Re: Wireless speakers keep disconnecting and reconnecting

Have been experiencing this same issue on one speaker for months on two different routers(Archer AC3200, Orbi AC3000) and no luck, disconnects randomly and will not reconnect until unplugged. Checked settings on router as recommended above and still experiencing outage.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jayens 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're running into. Is your router(s) configured to broadcast a 2.4 or 5 GHz wireless network?

Have you tried configuring the router(s) to broadcast your network on a static broadcast channel (disabling automatic broadcast channel switching) to see if this clears up the issue? 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku TV, and additional details about the issue you're running into including any troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'll follow up to see what other suggestions we can make or get you in touch with our support team for more help. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
lexxguard
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. I am connected via ethernet not wireless through my tv

Highlighted
Ironsteam
Level 7

I have a 7101x TCL 43S403 and had enjoyed flawless wireless speaker usage for 2 months and then, without any equipment change on my part, they started disconnecting. Tv is connected via wired Ethernet. All media sources have this issue. Tried changing Audio, Speakers from Auto to Roku and allowed faster recovery but still had dropout. Was losing every fifth word or so so I have just unplugged the speakers that are useless now and back to onboard audio with no dropouts. 

When this first began, I went thru update of both tv and speakers firmware. 

TV 9.2.6 Build 4069

Speakers MDL 9030X 9.2.6.4070

Again, TV is and has always been wired Ethernet, not WiFi. 

Any suggestions or Estimated time to fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jroman00
Level 7

I finally got around to trying this (because it's at my parents' house, not mine). I updated my FiOS router to not auto-switch channels but instead use channel 11 for 2.4GHz and channel 157 for 5GHz. I asked my parents to keep an eye on it over the next week or so to see if they're still experiencing the same problem. I'll post an update with our findings Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jonwtkr
Level 8

I have had the same issue the whole time I've had the speakers, which I pre-ordered when they were first released.

I have a 6102X Roku TV, TCL model 55US5800, Serial YW009W099168, software version 9.1.0 build 4121-22.

I'm using a lan port on my Nighthawk R9000 router for my TV but did try disabling the 2.4/5 switching just in case the speakers were some how using it.

There was absolutely no improvement. With the Audio setting on nAuto, the Roku speakers disconnect within minutes and randomly reconnect after a silent period whilst the system switched back and forth to TV speakers.

The Roku speakers are model 9030X, software version 9.0.2.4035

Left: serial YE009Y940305, Device ID HR48A9940305

Right: serial YE008K787056, Device ID HR48A8787056

I did also create 2 Issue Reports, I didn't note the first tracking number but the second one is ID 68-478-569.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jwalden
Level 7

I have my TV hooked directly with an ethernet cable and my wireless speakers continue to connect/disconnect. In order to get them working I have to connect to my wifi and then the speakers work. Is there a way to keep the Roku TV connected via ethernet and have the speakers work? To spend $200 on speakers and have them jump in and out is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Jonwtkr
Level 8

Good luck!  I couldn’t agree more but despite hoping Roku would respond, your the only message since I posted.

A real pity since I HAD a high opinion of Roku.  Finding support is just too difficult.  My next device WON’T be a Roku 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jwalden @Jonwtkr 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nat05
Level 7

How do I send a pm. 

0 Kudos