Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maguirlj
Level 7

Wireless speakers keep disconnecting and reconnecting

Started this week I have two TVs and two sets of speakers and they are randomly disconnected and reconnecting. Anyone else having this issue?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
maguirlj
Level 7

Re: Wireless speakers keep disconnecting and reconnecting

sorry (TCL)ROKU smart tvs with ROKU wireless speakers...
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note here. Could you please provide a little more information so we can better understand what you're experiencing? 

- When did this behavior first start? Were your speakers working correctly prior to seeing this issue? 
- What are the make/models of Roku TV you own from Settings>System>About? 
- When does this behavior occur? i.e. While watching content, when you're browsing the Roku Home screen or content inside a channel , etc.?
- How often does this occur? 

The next time you observe the issue, please press the following sequence of buttons on your remote to generate an issue report tracker ID: Home button 5 times, back button 5 times. 

Send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku TVs from Settings>System>About, along with a issue report tracker ID for each TV and I'll follow up with you to provide further assistance. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Bacnister
Level 7

I am having the same issue it has been doing it for a couple of months.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please see my previous post and provide additional details so we can assist you further. 

If you would prefer, you can also contact our support team for additional help here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
badfish
Level 7

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm using a TCL Roku TV, with an AppleTV for some streaming content.

- When did this behavior first start? Were your speakers working correctly prior to seeing this issue? 
There were no issues until January, when I started observing sound going in and out, coinciding with the TV status light flickering in and out.
- What are the make/models of Roku TV you own from Settings>System>About? 
Roku TV 7103X, model 55P605, software version 9.0.2, build 4048-30
- When does this behavior occur? i.e. While watching content, when you're browsing the Roku Home screen or content inside a channel , etc.?
This behavior most frequently when watching content streaming over an Apple TV, which is our preferred method because the superior Direct TV Now interface for the device.  
- How often does this occur?
Every time we watch TV now. For example, it will be immediately noticeable during a Game of Thrones episode's opening credits.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@badfish

Thanks for the extra details. Are your TV & speakers connected to a 5GHz wireless network, or 2.4 GHz? We'd recommend using a 5GHz network, where possible. I'd also recommend trying to change the wireless broadcast channel on your router to see if this improves the behavior you're experiencing. This can help reduce wireless interference. 

The next time you experience this issue occurring, press the following sequence to generate an issue tracker report ID: Home button 5 times, Back button 5 times. 

Feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device, the channel & content you were watching when this occurred, and any additional details about the behavior you're encountering. I'll help take a closer look and see what other recommendations we can make. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
badfish
Level 7

So I began experiencing this in December.

Last week, Roku did an investigation of my TV and sent me the following:

We found that your TV is switching between wireless channels causing the TV to reconnect to network frequently. This was found to be the root cause of frequent disconnects you reported.

We recommend disabling wireless "auto channel switching" feature on your router and connecting the Roku TV to a 5 GHz network to prevent this from occurring. For help performing this change, please reach out to your router manufacturer. After this change is done, please observe the speakers and provide feedback. 

I made the suggested change and have experienced zero issues since.

Hope this helps everyone! 
0 Kudos
jroman00
Level 7

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the exact same problem!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jroman00  Did you try the suggested troubleshooting noted above by @badfish ?

Auto-channel switching on some wireless routers can cause this type of issue. Disabling auto-channel switching, and ensuring that your wireless router is broadcasting a 5GHz wireless network are great first troubleshooting steps. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos