cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike12384
Reel Rookie

Wireless headphones stop working after turning off/on

Hi,

I read about Roku supporting wireless bluetooth headphones with the latest software update and using a new Roku Ultra 2022. I was able to easily get my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II headphones paired, and sound worked.

When I turn the headphones off then back on, the headphones no longer receive sound. The headphones still take control of the TV's sound when I turn the headphones on, but the headphones produce no sound and the TV is silent. When I turn the headphones off again, the TV starts having sound again.

I checked the mute setting on the Roku remote. All other Bluetooth devices are turned off.

The only workaround I've found is too hard... Deleting the headphones from Roku and re-adding them every time I turn the headphones on. When I do this it starts working immediately. Which makes me think it's a software bug.

I'll have to send this Roku back if I can't get it to work.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
mike12384
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless headphones stop working after turning off/on

Also, I'm using the new feature where you can directly hook up wireless headphones to a Roku without using the app. The app isn't part of the process at all.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mike12384

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mike12384
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response Danny. I guess I have no choice but to return the Roku. Maybe the software will work better in the next generation of Roku or maybe I can get an Amazon product that will work with bluetooth headphones. It's a shame they released this technology without properly testing. A real disappointment.

0 Kudos
PmbCaptures
Reel Rookie

We too are having the same issue. If I put Roku streaming stick in hdmi slot of my TV. Using bottom spot so the wifi portion is not touching any other wires. My husband's Bluetooth wireless headphones do not stay connected to our Sony TV. Have to manually go in to connect them. It was not an issue until I added roku stick. Fyi if the stick is in place and I get the audio connected he has no trouble getting sound on roku or TV. 

I would love to solve this problem soon. 

PB. Sony xr-65x90cj. Wh-h900n

0 Kudos

"Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II headphones paired, and sound worked."

I wanted to reply that I too am having this same exact issue with these headphones and the Roku Streambar. After first set up, the headphones were connected and working properly, directly connected to the Streambar. After the headphones were turned off my issue is the same. No sound from the headphones. Also deleting the headphones from Roku pairing doesn't work for me. I've done that and while the headphones will pair and connected again, the sound issue remains. 

side note: The headphones still do work with the Roku Stream bar VIA the Roku App pass through. However the whole reason I wanted the Streambar was because pairing wireless headphones directly to the roku device was supposed to work in Roku OS 11.5.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@PmbCaptures @JackBNimble

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NYJack
Streaming Star

I am having the same problem. After upgrading both my Roku TV and Roku Streambar I was able to successfully pair my Apple AirPods to both. This worked fine for a couple of weeks. The, all of a sudden it stopped. I am able to connect the AirPods (same issue with other wireless headphones/earbuds) but there is no sound. I tried deleting & re-pairing the AirPods but the problem remained. This is a huge disappointment. Prior to 11.5 I was using private listening via the app on my iPhone but this is inconvenient and it uses my iPhone’s battery. And I am sure that Bluetooth is turned off on all my devices prior to connecting the AirPods to the Roku TV or Streambar.

0 Kudos
PmbCaptures
Reel Rookie

My husbands are currently working.  Not sure why or what changes at a given time.  I removed the roku stick last time they quit working and they worked fine.  This time after putting in the roku stick and they quit I was determined to leave the stick in and tried removing them and pairing them again multiple times.  At this time they are working and we hope it continues as we want the option of using the stick too.  Doesn't make sense to me...........

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NYJack @PmbCaptures

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more detailed information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos