Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlc2
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless Speakers stop Streambar from emitting Audio

My experience was exactly as you describe. I did find that when I streamed movies or series from various apps, the soundbar and speakers worked as they should. But many 'standard" broadcasts and cable broadcasts like ESPN or network shows only could be heard from the wireless speakers. Nothing from the soundbar. It seems to me there should be some default for what I presume are "less sophisticated" audio broadcasts where all three speakers would work, but I guess I'm resigned to that not being the case. I've spent hours on all sorts or permutations, reboots, and testing various broadcast platforms and shows but that's where I am. It's disappointing as other folks I know with other than ROKU systems didn't seem to have that problem. Maybe it's a software issue within ROKU, I don't know. Given my investment from TV through audio, there's no reasonable alternative.

0 Kudos
TimBWilliams
Reel Rookie

Yes, I noticed that inconsistency last night as well - the streambar works on some apps/broadcasts and not on others. Thank you for your insights. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

The issue you are experiencing is due to the audio coming through. When using the soundbar and the wireless speakers as front right and front left, it becomes a 3.0 system. The soundbar becomes the center channel used for dialogue and the wireless speakers are left and right audio. This would be for surround sound audio sources. If the channel/content is stereo only it will only come out of the front left and front right speakers as there is only left and right audio as this would be expected. This can be tested by playing a movie with 5.1 sound and then an old TV show that only has stereo.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TimBWilliams
Reel Rookie

That does help, thank you, and I was beginning to understand that that was what was going on. I appreciate the details on it. 

0 Kudos
ConfusedGuy-54
Channel Surfer

Hello again Danny,

Just wanted to verify if you received my solution to this problem.  Thanks.

Mark Draper

0 Kudos

Same problem - wireless speakers working great, soundbar went silent.

0 Kudos
ConfusedGuy-54
Channel Surfer

Solution: Wireless Speakers stop Streambar from emitting Audio

I just wanted to thank you for the incredible follow-up & support that you've provided throughout this process. The new Stream-Bar is now working well with the 2 satellite speakers playing at the same time. For your reference & those consumers with similar problems, I would like to pass on a bit of what I learned from the experience.

1. Don't just listen to the instructions saying to push the reset button to reconnect satellite speakers with the stream bar. It just doesn't work. Please tell everyone to push the hard-to-see Factory Reset button at the very base of the speaker to then easily pair it with a new Stream Bar or even an existing one. Then you also avoid the constant hold for 5 seconds to connect, which doesn't work.

2. Once the 2 satellite speakers are finally connected, they still will only play by themselves in "stereo mode" - meaning that the Stream Bar is not working & rather redundant. You only get sound from all 3 when in a movie with 5.2 Surround Sound, not 3.0 Stereo. Normal TV programs are therefore not exciting. The workaround is not simple to figure out, but simple to do. Just re-install your 2 satellite speakers as "rear speakers" & by using the ROKU app on your phone, you now are given the option of employing "surround sound". Turn the slider all the way to the right for full surround effect & wha-la! You now have beautiful music coming out of 2 speakers + your Sound Bar. I couldn't find this answer anywhere on your forums or from tech support. Oddly enough, I didn't need this fix before the update was installed & then my speakers took over as simple stereo. I now suspect that my returned Stream Bar was perfectly fine, but just had to be set up like the new one. I'm not sure.

So please pass this info along as it will certainly save many of your customers hours of frustration & for you, many returns of product.

Right now, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of your new sub-woofer. Hopefully, it will be an easier process to integrate it into the system. It shouldn’t be this difficult as all speakers are ROKU & the marriage should be fool proof.

Hope that my experience helps you out.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Solution: Wireless Speakers stop Streambar from emitting Audio

Amazing!!! Thanks this is greatly appreciated @ConfusedGuy-54 

The solution worked for me and I can finally say I'm enjoying Roku surround sound on all content...even with Amazon Fire stick I hooked up because Roku doesn't support all apps I need 😉

Best regards!

ConfusedGuy-54
Channel Surfer

Re: Solution: Wireless Speakers stop Streambar from emitting Audio

Hey Luc572 - glad to hear that the solution also worked for you.  I also have an Android Box & all programming is now in full Surround Sound from all speakers & the soundbar.  Just the way it should be.  I hope that others will also benefit from this workaround too.  I was almost ready to give up on ROKU, but now loving it again!

Canoopy35

I will not say this is a good response because it creates a system that is not using the full potential of the system. Using this bar sure creates a good sound but i have had it for two years and was able to use both the sound bar and front speakers for sound on wireless speakers and sound bar.

This system should allow the option it use to with even have Bluetooth to use the audio of all speakers and not just the front left and right speakers. It used to do that, but now since they added a "4 speaker option" or what ever back and from speaker option no longer allows this. Please CHANGE IT BACK!  Also my stream bar now crackles when any form of bass is added. Only since about a month ago it started doing Thai when i noticed a change in the speaker options mentioned above

0 Kudos