Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathantaco

Wireless Speakers stop Streambar from emitting Audio

I just got a streambar and love it then got the wireless speakers to add to it.

They are connected and sound great. 
But I noticed that with the wireless speakers configured as front speakers they stop the streambar from also playing audio. So now it is ONLY the wireless speakers making noise.

I thought that the streambar would still play with the wireless speakers also playing so I would have more immersive and louder audio.

Is this a design flaw/feature? Or is there something wrong with my setup? And is there a way to configure it so that I can have audio coming through the streambar AND the wireless speakers at the same time.

Thank you

21 REPLIES 21
Antonio222
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless Speakers stop Streambar from emitting Audio

I have same issue

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@nathantaco @Antonio222

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® wireless speakers?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dlc2
Reel Rookie

Same problem - not helpful

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dlc2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Antonio222
Reel Rookie

Roku Stream Bar

tried everything, reset speakers reset sound bar……

basicly great system but you need to program soundbar to play with speakers when we play Spotify 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Antonio222

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you only experiencing this issue with Spotify?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same issue.  I connected the wireless speakers (model 9020X) to the streambar (9102CA) and was only able to get audio from the wireless speakers, nothing from the streambar, or if I disconnect the wireless speakers the audio from the streambar is fine.

The only scenario where the audio does output from the streambar and wireless speakers at the same time is after initial set-up of the wireless speakers, when the Roku cinematic sound app plays the demo video.  It sounds great in the demo, unfortunately, I'm unable to get the audio to output to both the wireless speakers and streambar on any other app.

I've gone through all Roku audio setting options and the TV audio setting options to try to resolve the issue but was unsuccessful.

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
TimBWilliams
Reel Rookie

Has there been an answer to fixing this problem? I have the same issue. Sound plays on the wireless speakers only and not through the streambar- shouldn’t they be working together?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TimBWilliams unfortunately I wasn't able to resolve the issue with model 9102CA.

I contacted customer support and the response I received was as follows:

Canadian customers, unfortunately they can only connect 2 Roku wireless speakers (Single pair of speakers) and a Roku Sub woofer simultaneously to a Roku Streambar 9102CA.

When I pushed for more help I was asked to provide more information and the issue would be escalated to Roku's engineering department, but by that time I already decided to return my streambar and have ordered model 9102R.  I'm not sure if it will work yet because I'm still waiting for delivery...unfortunately it's not a solution for model 9102CA but I would suggest contacting Roku support as they may be able to help further.

Cheers!

Luc

0 Kudos