Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbriones
Level 7

Wireless Headphones with Roku TV?

I purchased a 50" Hisense Roku TV.  I also purchased a 1MiiB06 wireless audio adapter.  Can't get wireless headphones to work.  Does anyone know what kind of component will work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
gailginap
Level 7

Wireless headphones with Roku TV

Hello community. I sure hope someone can help me. I have super loud neighbors living above me and finally broke down and bought some wireless headphones for my Roku TV. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have Bluetooth. I have read several posts in other places about what I need to do and all I understand is that I’m very confused. One spot told me to download an app but there is a bunch and it seems to be only for a remote and I can’t figure out what else to do with it. Another site says I have to have a Bluetooth device. Can anybody help make sense of this for me? It would be so very much appreciated. I can’t believe the situation has caused them to suspend support. Something like that could so easily be done from home. I am really regretting buying a Roku TV at this point.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Wireless headphones

@gailginap 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you want to use headphones when watching your Roku TV, the most reliable way to listen including using wireless headphones, is to download the Roku mobile app on a mobile device and use the Private Listening feature.

For more information about how to install the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install The Roku® Channel mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hairbear1954
Level 7

Re: Wireless headphones

That was a good help. I am testing a bluetooth over the ear headphone set from Wzye and it works great this way. I could not get it to pair with the TV otherwise, so this is a great suggestion.

0 Kudos