Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nataliefir
Level 7

Wired connection won’t stay connected

I have a TLC roku tv. I recently wired the connection from the tv to my router via a splitter. I used a USB to Ethernet dongle (there is no way to connect the Ethernet directly to the tv) and then connected the Ethernet cord to the splitter which is connected directly to the router. However the wired connection will not stay on my tv. Every time I go to watch it I have to go to advanced system setting and do a network reset. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Wired connection won’t stay connected

@Nataliefir 

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have to you tried connecting your Roku TV directly to the wireless router, rather than connecting to your splitter to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nataliefir
Level 7

Hey Danny, 

So I cannot hook my roku directly to the router because it is too far away. I have a Ethernet cord hooked to a splitter for my work computer and phone, but the Ethernet needs to be connected there in order for that to work, hence using the splitter. Maybe I will try a factory reset to reset the roku and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the response! 

0 Kudos
Roed25
Level 7

I'm having the same issue.  I have a wired connection to a Roku TV.  TV doesn't have an ethernet port so I have a USB dongle to connect to the wired ethernet connection.  Every time I turn the TV on I have to reset the ethernet connection to connect to the wired connection.  Once connected it works great, but it has to be reconnected via the reset process every time the TV is turned on.  I've tried rebooting the router, unplugging the TV.  I have not done a factory reset yet.  Any other suggestions?  This TV is about to go back to the store.

0 Kudos
Roed25
Level 7

Tried the router reboot and unplugged the tv again for several minutes and it appears to have worked.  TV has picked up the wired Ethernet connection a couple of times now without having to reset the network connection.  

0 Kudos