Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Wired connection won’t stay connected

I have a TLC roku tv. I recently wired the connection from the tv to my router via a splitter. I used a USB to Ethernet dongle (there is no way to connect the Ethernet directly to the tv) and then connected the Ethernet cord to the splitter which is connected directly to the router. However the wired connection will not stay on my tv. Every time I go to watch it I have to go to advanced system setting and do a network reset. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Wired connection won’t stay connected

@Nataliefir 

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have to you tried connecting your Roku TV directly to the wireless router, rather than connecting to your splitter to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Wired connection won’t stay connected

Hey Danny, 

So I cannot hook my roku directly to the router because it is too far away. I have a Ethernet cord hooked to a splitter for my work computer and phone, but the Ethernet needs to be connected there in order for that to work, hence using the splitter. Maybe I will try a factory reset to reset the roku and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the response! 

0 Kudos