Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbeckmann
Channel Surfer

Wired TCL Atmos 9i Soundbar with subwoofer with Roku wireless speakers.

Jump to solution

I've seen similar topics but nothing specifically mentioning this configuration. Here's what I want to do.

1. Take my TCL Atmos 9i and connect it to my TCL Roku TV using the optical or HDMI connection. 

2. Connect my Wireless Roku Speakers to my TCL Roku TV via Bluetooth. 

I would like to use the Soundbar as front speakers and the Roku Wireless as rear speakers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wired TCL Atmos 9i Soundbar with subwoofer with Roku wireless speakers.

Jump to solution

Roku wireless speakers don't use bluetooth, no bluetooth speaker or headphone can be paired to ANY roku device directly. Roku are bluetooth receivers only, just like bluetooth speakers and headphones each has to have transmitter to communicate with, which none are. 

If you have Roku tv, then the Roku wireless speakers paired to it would be the mains, they use wifi-direct to communicate not bluetooth. Then the TCL soundbar once paired to the roku tv will be the center channel. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wired TCL Atmos 9i Soundbar with subwoofer with Roku wireless speakers.

Jump to solution

Roku wireless speakers don't use bluetooth, no bluetooth speaker or headphone can be paired to ANY roku device directly. Roku are bluetooth receivers only, just like bluetooth speakers and headphones each has to have transmitter to communicate with, which none are. 

If you have Roku tv, then the Roku wireless speakers paired to it would be the mains, they use wifi-direct to communicate not bluetooth. Then the TCL soundbar once paired to the roku tv will be the center channel. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos