Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frizz
Level 7

Windows 7 not recognizing 40” Onn Roku tv

I usually hook my laptop to my tv with an hdmi cable but my new 40” Onn Roku TV does not show up as a display option when connected.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Windows 7 not recognizing 40” Onn Roku tv

Are you saying that the TV doesn't recognize the computer plugged into the HDMI port, or the computer doesn't recognize that another display has been connected to the computer? 

I've forgotten what the Display Settings menu looks like in Windows 7, but you should be able to right click the desktop and select settings or some such option. See if the TV is shown but grayed out. You might have to specifically enable it in the display settings. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Frizz
Level 7

Both. The TV says no signal and the TV does not show up in the display settings on the PC. I’ve tried all the HDMI ports.
I’ve been using the same method for many years with an old 720 Envision and a 1080 Vizio.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

My next suggestion is to try a different HDMI cable. And of course if you can try the computer on a different TV to ensure the HDMI port on the computer is still working. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Frizz
Level 7

Thanks. I have tried a few hdmi cables with no luck. One from amazon, one from my PlayStation. The TV has no trouble displaying my game consoles with the same hdmi cables, and my computer will display on my older tv’s with those cables as well. So it’s not the cable or the hdmi ports as far as I can tell.
0 Kudos