Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnewman20
Level 7

Will the RC496 remote pair with the TCL 55S525 (5-series) TV?

The RF remote doesn't seem to cut it.  I would like to backorder the RC496 if it will work for this TV.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will the RC496 remote pair with the TCL 55S525 (5-series) TV?

So your oem remote is IR, not RF, The Enhanced Voice remote will pair with all Roku tv's but the headphone jack only works certain models. You given the Tcl model number, roku has its on model so go to settings> system> about> the first line next to Roku Tv: ? It ends in x, what is it? The headphone works on Roku tv that are in these range of models:

Roku TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X)

My 43" TCL 5 series 43s517 came with wifi remote, the roku model number is 7115x and does work with headphone jack on the remote. I have an Insignia and Hisense roku tv's that don't. But both will pair and all the keys work accept the headphone jack. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dnewman20
Level 7

Thanks for the clarification.  So my Roku TV model is A105X does that fall into the A000X series and would mean that the RC496 will work with all its features?

Thanks again for your help,

daniel

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I would assume so, those tv's that fall in to that range of model numbers so far have worked, the ones outside don't. That line I posted I copied from next to Enhanced voice remote on the product page. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos