Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmwin
Channel Surfer

Why won't any remotes work?

I have a 32 inches Phillips roku TV. A while ago my remote stopped working. No big deal, I used the roku app.. that stopped working too. I ended up resetting my TV by accident so I was pretty much out of luck. I bought a new remote off ebay. Same thing. Nothing. I bought a brand new remote from roku and still the same thing!!! I've done everything, unplugged, new batteries, restarted. Everything that it says to do, I've done. These are all simple IR remotes. I called support and did everything they said and nothing. Went and bought new batteries again and it's not working. The support employee I was talking to said he would call me back and didn't. 

What's causing this? It's almost like there's and interference between the remote and TV. But I've stood right in front of it and it's still not working.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why won't any remotes work?

No simple remote will work with a Roku TV unless it comes from the manufacturer (Philips in your case).  You need to get one from Philips, get a universal remote that specifically supports Roku TVs and not just Roku players, or get a Roku voice remote that will have to be paired to your TV.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tmwin

There could be several reasons why the remote(s) are not working on your Phillips Roku TV. Here are a few things you can check to try to resolve the issue:

• Check the batteries: Make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh and correctly inserted.
  • Check for obstructions: Make sure there are no objects blocking the line of sight between the remote and the TV.
  • Check the remote control setting on the TV: Make sure that the remote control setting on the TV is turned on. You can usually find this setting in the TV's menu or settings.
  • Try resetting the TV: Sometimes resetting the TV can resolve issues with the remote control. To reset your Phillips Roku TV, unplug it from the power source for a few minutes and then plug it back in.
  • Try using a different remote: If you have another remote that is compatible with your TV, try using it to see if it works.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Tmwin
Channel Surfer

@renojim Before I bought the remote I checked with roku and it said it wad compatible with my television

0 Kudos
Tmwin
Channel Surfer

@RokuLianna 

I've done all of this. As I stated, I accidentally reset my TV before and I can't get past the "let's begin" screen.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Tmwin

Thanks for the update. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience. As you mentioned, we can see that you were in recent contact with our Support team. We have followed up on your concern with the team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would be best able to assist you moving forward.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Tmwin
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-C 

Okay, thank you! Do I call them or wait for them to return my call?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Tmwin

Thanks for the reply.

Our support team will be reaching out to you. Please be ready to receive their correspondence and continue assisting you from there. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Tmwin
Channel Surfer

I still haven't received a phone call or anything. This is pretty frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Tmwin

Thanks for following up. 

We apologize for the delay in contact from our Support team. We have followed up and they have been working on this matter. 

If you ever need assistance with another issue in the future, please don't hesitate to post in the Roku Community again.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos