Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Li2
Level 7

Why’s isn’t Apple TV not supported by all Roku tvs

I am really confused as to why I can’t used Apple TV plus on my Roku tv (5213X). I understand that it’s not supported for some reason, but there has to be a clear reason why. Will it eventually happen or should I just return the tv. I can’t even screen mirror to the tv or use my phone as a remote.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 12

Re: Why’s isn’t Apple TV not supported by all Roku tvs

Did your roku tv upgrade to 9.2 yet? Or have own another roku on the same account with 9.2? If no to each that's the reason, for at least newer to model.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

As mentioned, we believe you have to have 9.2 for that channel. But as to what devices are supported for Apple TV, you have to ask Apple why they are only supporting some devices. Roku has no control over that decision. Every channel developer has control over what model Roku it will work with, as well as the geographical locations that are supported. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Li2
Level 7

Thanks for the response, however I returned the tv this morning.
0 Kudos
Li2
Level 7

It wouldn’t update past 9.1, so I returned thanks though
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku TV models are expected to receive the 9.2 update in phases over the coming months.

You can see more information in our blog post here or reach out to Apple support for more information. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos