Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: TV Keeps Losing Sound

Jump to solution

@Courtneyblair , if what I posted a couple posts above doesn't help, I'd return it. You shouldn't have a problem like this with a new tv. (I'd even return it if something did help. Could be a harbinger of things to come. Read the forum. Lot of people having a lot of problems that Roku never acknowledges as a problem.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem but we don’t stream anything. We do record and I’d say most of the time this happens during a playback when you fast forward through commercials. Then you have no sound. We have gotten so tired of resetting  this thing that we just turn it off and go to the other TV, which is a much better TV. 

jamespa48

Jump to solution

The sound comes choppy at times and I change the channel to stop it and then come back to the same channel it stops. So I tried it your way and reset and it worked , thank you so much.

0 Kudos
R0kutus-of-Bork
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We've had this occurring over the course of multiple software updates and have tried numerous resets and restarts.  Typically occurs when we're starting a new show (the first show after powering on for the first time is usually OK) and is resolved by turning unit and TV off and back on using the power button on the Roku remote.  Roku Ultra 4660RW, Software version 10.0.0. build 4195-46.  Philips TV model 39PFL2608/F7, software version PHL_0CEX_084_3.  Have also swapped HDMI cables and HDMI ports on the TV.  Noticed that the TV's HDMI sound setting was set to PCM, so I've changed the Roku's from Auto-Detect to PCM to see if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
zero00

Jump to solution

i don’t know how to fix it. i have the same issues and nothing works.

Tv will work super super slow after working fine for a while, lose sound and picture but captions will continue going. speaker is fine. tv works. it’ll just do this after a day or two. only way to fix it is to unplug it because it won’t let me turn it off using the power button and then plug it back in. BUT it’s getting worse and worse. i’m at the point where i am unplugging it and plugging it back in for 20 minutes before it works again and it’s super slow. i already did a system restart twice in the last month and it still doesn’t work. this exact problem has happened with 3 of my roku tvs. they’re all different sized hisense•roku tv’s. what gives ? nothing i do works and i can’t keep buying new tvs. they just stop working after a month of having them. we don’t beat in the tv. we turn it in for a few hours a day and then turn it off at night. how am i supposed to fix this? 

0 Kudos
IsabelleSpencer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So after nine months it’s nice to know that roku doesn’t care that their customers aren’t getting the service they deserve. 
I said I was gonna do it and I did. I threw my roku away and purchased a fire stick and let me tell you BEST DECISION EVER. I will never own another roku device. I’m disgusted that roku cares so little about their customers concerns. Bye. 

soda-pop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have to reboot the system nearly every time I turn on the tv.  It's very annoying especially if you want to jump into watching something immediately.  There are so many complaints about sound, Roku needs to do something to remedy these problems.  Very annoyed.  Thinking of switching to another device.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @soda-pop

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're experiencing? Does it only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RMG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Serial number: YJ0050057354

OS version: 10.5.0 build 4208-47

Device ID CS4895057354

audio drops on any channel. Switching from one station to next and back restores audio

experiencing issue for months

Serial number: YF0061240607

OS version: 10.5.0 build 4208-55

Device ID: CT3826240607

audio drops on any channel. Switching from one station to next and back restores audio.

Experiencing issue for months

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RMG

Thanks for the post.

Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button). It not, can you provide us with a channel and content example that you see this issue occur with?
In addition, can you provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times).

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos