Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with 2 of them I bought at the same time. It will fix if you can go forward or backward on the program. OR as you say-reset it. They finally sent me 1 new one. The only change I see is they deleted the silent button. Also it was only a refurbished part. Haven’t had time to know if it works or not. Very frustrating. Sorry to hear. Hope they start helping people.

0 Kudos
Fenway1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Forwarding or going backwards does not work...only restarting the Roku.   I wish Roku will fix this error or it may be my last Roku TV.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Fenway1 @6484

Thanks for the posts.

For clarification, are you experiencing an issue with sound if you are just playing the content without the use of external audio devices or does this issue only occur when the sound comes out of the external speakers.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
llroberts
Level 7

Jump to solution

System restart does work but only temporarily.  I am also having this issue and it seems like every time I turn the TV off, when I come back to it, I've lost the sound on all channels, all programs.  Then I have to do a system restart to get it back.

0 Kudos
rhelie
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tested with Crave. Netflix, and on one of the HDMI and on TV Speakers and Optical.

Sometimes it can take 30 minutes before you get the issue other times it is just a few minutes.

The first time my wife noticed it, the sound was changing (lower/higer) by itself. The sound can go off a second or a few seconds and comes back intermittently.

I checked and I am at the latest firwmare version (May 2022).

Help!

Robert

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@rhelie

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos