Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Channel Surfer

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

Jump to solution

I replied below this post and yet have not heard from you. Please reply.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@6484

Thank for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you experiencing this issue on a specific channel or across all channels? Have you tried removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, then adding the channel(s) back again to see if that resolves the issue? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information about the issue you are seeing, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The issue comes on any channel. I don’t change channels. Nothing reproduces it. I’ve gone through every type of change. Removed my tv programs. My Direct tv. Took of the ROKU. Exchanged ROKU’S, but both are doing it. Samsung tv and brand new Vizio. There are times it’s ok. Other times it will be two or three times a night.

Now I’ve done all this, I can only turn on and off with my main tv box. Also sound can only be done on the main box. 
How to reproduce it? Turn on the ROKU and watch. 
The sound starts what you might call stuttering. On a few occasions it’s gone completely out, but usually just the noise. I “can” push the front or back button and that may help, or I must turn it off and then back on again. Not consistent, but irritating enough it happens a couple times a day.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@6484

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I replied but somehow my message is gone. Here it is a second time. All you need to do is look back two weeks ago on my last post. 

Here is that info:

‘Model-3810X - ROKU Streaming Stick+, Serial-10.5.0. Build 4208-50, Device I.D. 2139A2837956

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@6484

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with 2 of them I bought at the same time. It will fix if you can go forward or backward on the program. OR as you say-reset it. They finally sent me 1 new one. The only change I see is they deleted the silent button. Also it was only a refurbished part. Haven’t had time to know if it works or not. Very frustrating. Sorry to hear. Hope they start helping people.

0 Kudos
Fenway1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Forwarding or going backwards does not work...only restarting the Roku.   I wish Roku will fix this error or it may be my last Roku TV.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Fenway1 @6484

Thanks for the posts.

For clarification, are you experiencing an issue with sound if you are just playing the content without the use of external audio devices or does this issue only occur when the sound comes out of the external speakers.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
llroberts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

System restart does work but only temporarily.  I am also having this issue and it seems like every time I turn the TV off, when I come back to it, I've lost the sound on all channels, all programs.  Then I have to do a system restart to get it back.

0 Kudos