Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMG
Reel Rookie

Re: TV Keeps Losing Sound

Jump to solution

The issue happens on DirecTV (perhaps because I watch it the most). I have not experienced the issue on HBO Max, Paramount+, Amazon, Roku or Apple, but I watch those less frequently. Sometimes the volume drops by half. However, sometimes the volume doubles with significant distortion and overmodulation. Again, I can correct it by changing to another channel momentarily and then going back to the original channel.

I will use the suggested tools to get more information for you when it happens again, which it will since it is a daily thing.

0 Kudos
R0kutus-of-Bork
Reel Rookie

Re: TV Keeps Losing Sound

Jump to solution

In our case, we ended up swapping out the stereo receiver, and that seems to have resolved the issue.  The receiver we had been using was older and began exhibiting other problems, such as the display dimming intermittently and the volume knob not working consistently.  A friend was able to give away a newer receiver and as yet, the problem has not recurred.  It has been about 5 weeks.  Fingers are crossed.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV Keeps Losing Sound

Jump to solution

Exact same problem.  Streambar is new and just out of the box. 

Please stop posting pour the restart.  Doesn't work.

So Roku Tech guy, what are you doing ?  Can you or not fix your problem ???

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Keeps Losing Sound

Jump to solution

@Yves_Montant

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

Jump to solution

I used this tv for only ROKU. When I could not get sound back, and yes, I reset everything, I bought a new tv. At first had the SAME problem! Then my son and I switched our ROKU’S. Fixed-except still happened once tonight. P.O.’d I bought a new tv! Something is triggered in the plug-in (ROKU). We shall see if he has problems.

0 Kudos
rokkor10

Jump to solution

This is happening when pausing or rewinding. As others have eluded to. 

Prime video and Netflix. 

Roku ultra box. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@6484 @rokkor10

Thanks for the posts.

Please see my previous post and provide us with the requested information so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I use two tvs with ROKU’S bought at the same time. They both do it. 
‘At the time, the sound up and down we’re working. So did the on and off buttons. Now they don’t work. I’ve had my new tv less than a week and the glitch has been three times. 
The first time I used the ROKU on the new tv, it had no sound. We switched the ROKU’S and all of a sudden it returned. The second time I turned on my tv I had problems again. To fix it I either rewind when I can, or have to turn it off. It’s definitely not the tv. My son wants to buy a new ROKU, but he’s a Pastor. I’m disabled,so can’t afford it either. 
I actually videoed the tv when the problem began. 
‘Here is that info:

‘Model-3810X - ROKU Streaming Stick+, Serial-10.5.0. Build 4208-50, Device I.D. 2139A2837956

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I bought the new tv because I thought the sound had gone out on the tv. I couldn’t afford it, but that’s what I do. I’m disabled. Tv is my life. So you know how important it is.

0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Today I was watching TUBI. Changed to DIRECTV. ROKU box does not work! Turned everything off. Reset everything. Finally worked. It did not go wrong immediately when I changed channels. This needs FIXED!

0 Kudos