Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharonS
Binge Watcher

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

Jump to solution

@Cecilia33 wrote:

The TV works fine.  It's something with the Roku.  I switched out the Roku four days ago and it hasn't happened since.  Sure I fixed the problem but now I have an unreliable Roku.  It's actually my newest Roku too. 

I see, you have a Roku device. I have a Roku TV. Hope you can get a refund. 

0 Kudos
Mamaperk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a few Roku devices and it's happening on our two newest. While it's true we can do a system restart each time, that is quite annoying. It happens daily. Hoping to see an update soon that will fix this issue. 

Cecilia33
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Since swapping out our newest Roku for an older model, the sound issue hasn't happened again.  It's been a few weeks.  I can only assume it's an issue with the newer Roku. 

0 Kudos
Kathyb60

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  It happens when I turn the tv and Roku box on.  I have to unplug everything and it’s happening more often—as in almost daily.

MysticB77

Jump to solution

I have been having this same issue for months And its becoming more frequent. My question.....if so many people are having the same issue, what is ROKU going to do about it?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experience a loss of audio from your Roku TV, please try the following:

1) Restart your TV through Settings > System > Power > System Restart

2) Numerous customers reported that unplugging your TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing after both of the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-what are you doing when you lose sound?
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have that information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tabrown919

Jump to solution

My ROKU TV has lost sound and I don't know what to do.  Please help.

0 Kudos
IsabelleSpencer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well if you listen to Roku they will tell you unplug your tv for 5-10 minutes to reset it. It’s bull **bleep** but that’s what they say. 

the whole purpose of having a Roku is to WATCH tv not have it unplugged or restarted 100 times. Its a dang nightmare. 

0 Kudos
Dormaphaea
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The restart doesn't work. 

This is ridiculous. 

Come ON Roku. 

0 Kudos
IsabelleSpencer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m wondering the same flipping thing. It doesn’t happen to me every day but it’s often enough to be an immense pain in my **bleep**. I can’t imagine if it was every day. They need to get this fixed. It’s obviously the device.