Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RLB1
Channel Surfer

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

Jump to solution

I purchased mine in March also. I was excited at first but disgusted with it now. 

shane67
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked! I can't say yet if it's a long-term fix (restarting the computer and the modem also worked, but only temporarily), but it's working so far. Fingers crossed. Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
RLB1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did a reset of audio/video. I hope this will fix it. Will post if it works in a few days

JJChronic

Jump to solution

We have had this happen repeatedly.  Initially my husband did a reset, but we dont want to have to relogin to all our services every day or two.

As a temporary solution, we have founď changing the sound and volume modes can return it to normal.

It happens when changing from hdmi to avi, or from any of the channels(Netflix and prime) to avi.  Not from channels to hdmi.

Happygonatty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So now it’s 6/8/2020 and the same issue happened again. The only difference is NOW I can’t find the system restart option. The only option under Advanced System Settings is to:

1.Factory Reset TV audio/picture-by pressing the play/pause button 3 times.

2. Factory Reset everything-enter your pin and erase all your accounts, apps, everything from this tv 😢

I tried option 1 and it didn’t even work...😡

Happygonatty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems you’re a moderator of this forum, so I’m gonna let you know what we are all seeming to experience lately.

it seems like when you use streaming services (examples, Netflix, Hulu, etc) the volume will cut off after the one episode is done.

You were once able to restart the TV and it cleared it up.

Now today, 6/28/2020 that option is gone and you can only reset by pressing the play/pause button three times or factory reset everything and all your accounts are erased and you have to start all over.

This is a pain in the **bleep** if you have a LOT of streaming services already installed and you will now have to reinstall everything.

i don’t know if your tech support can perhaps relay this info to someone and maybe there’s a general fix for this. Maybe you guys can make a new update that fixes this.

RLB1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

image.jpg

0 Kudos
RLB1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is the audio/video option I’ve used. Did this on Friday and so far no problems. I think it is the type of tv. Not a very reliable brand. I was hoping the guy Danny who replied to Shane would tell us something. 

0 Kudos
Parris1Girl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

System Restart is under settings, system, power then system restart. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Parris1Girl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Do a system restart...it fixes the issue without wiping it. Under settings, click system, then power and then system restart.

0 Kudos