Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Why are commercials &/or break music TWICE AS LOUD as the shows?

Not only am I pretty sure it's illegal, but why is it apparently impossible for Roku's system to use normalization on its audio, so that the sound doesn't just JUMP UP in volume, or be far quieter than other channels? It's really not advanced technology, my 25 year old iPods have normalization, it's not rocket science. Yet I have to sit with my finger on the mute button soon as there's a break in various shows, ridiculous... Is there really no way to fix this?

Now it's not letting me post, saying I need to first search to see if the topic already exists. Well, I DID DO THAT, and here's what the result was:

"Similar topics already posted

No matching topics found"

So thanks, is that a Yes & No? Which means what, and is not very helpful...
Labels (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Re: Why are commercials &/or break music TWICE AS LOUD as the shows?

Hit star and under sound settings, hit 'level'. Does what it says.

StevenCee
Roku Guru

@BenedlrThat sounds great, except when I click star and go to the Sound settings, there's nowhere that "Level" can be found. So it says nothing....

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Go to Sound Settings. Leveling is found under Volume mode.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@Benedlr I know how to find the Sound settings, and there is nothing that says Leveling. There's only Speech, Music, Theater, Big Bass, High Treble, & Normal, no Leveling.

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Check "Volume Mode" in Sound settings. That's where mine is.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@BenedlrThere's also no "volume mode" under Sound Settings on my TV.  Only Sound Mode, with various settings, (that I'd listed above), but nothing to Normalize the sound levels... sadly.

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

On mine it's star, then sound settings. The second listing under sound mode is volume mode. Click on that to find leveling.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@Benedlr  How many times must I say there is no leveling setting under Sound  Settings? It's not there, doesn't exist, obviously some televisions don't have that feature. I don't know why, but that's the case.

0 Kudos