Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

White light on bottom of Roku TV flashing, even though my internet connection works.

As mentioned in the title. My internet connection is fine and I am streaming watching live TV via Youtube TV, but the white light on the bottom of my TV randomly starts flashing like I have no internet, when I obviously do or the Youtube TV streams wouldn't be working.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 9

Re: White light on bottom of Roku TV flashing, even though my internet connection works.

I think I've seen mine do that. I think it was checking for an update, or retrieving one. It may retrieve updates to streaming tiles like YouTube & Vudu, and that doesn't change the last update date.

I just saw that happen yesterday. People were saying a recently introduced problem with antenna tv was fixed. I went to my update menu and checked for an update. It updated a couple streaming channels. But, the last updated date remained Dec. 18. I believe, if it had done that during its scheduled check for updates, I would have seen the white light flash.

Maybe yours is doing it more frequently to be that? You could always cover the lens with black electrical tape. 

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world — to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011). The latest software update removed any doubt who rules & controls my TV.
0 Kudos