Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigGunnAR
Level 7

White light on bottom of Roku TV flashing, even though my internet connection works.

As mentioned in the title. My internet connection is fine and I am streaming watching live TV via Youtube TV, but the white light on the bottom of my TV randomly starts flashing like I have no internet, when I obviously do or the Youtube TV streams wouldn't be working.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: White light on bottom of Roku TV flashing, even though my internet connection works.

I think I've seen mine do that. I think it was checking for an update, or retrieving one. It may retrieve updates to streaming tiles like YouTube & Vudu, and that doesn't change the last update date.

I just saw that happen yesterday. People were saying a recently introduced problem with antenna tv was fixed. I went to my update menu and checked for an update. It updated a couple streaming channels. But, the last updated date remained Dec. 18. I believe, if it had done that during its scheduled check for updates, I would have seen the white light flash.

Maybe yours is doing it more frequently to be that? You could always cover the lens with black electrical tape. 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos