Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laptopdog
Reel Rookie

When Does The 'Favorite Channels' Option Become Available?

I received an email mentioning some new features from Roku. One of the features is being able to set up a Favorites channel list in the Live Channels section. The directions for setting this up was to press the * button on the remote and it should show the option for selecting a Favorite Channel list. However, when I press the asterisk button on my remote, it only gives the option of switching the guide between All Channels and Recent Channels (and selecting Recent Channels doesn't even change anything).

I have a Roku TV from Onn. I'm just wondering when and if this feature for a Favorite Channel list will become available.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
ajmuntz

Re: When Does The 'Favorite Channels' Option Become Available?

I have the same problem. Have been wanting to identify favorites and was excited to get the email this morning. But, near as I can tell, it doesn't work. I'm not finding anything that gives me the option to ID a TV station as a favorite.

dcaropreso
Binge Watcher

Same here. I posted somewhere else on here with the same frustration. 

Why won’t someone from Roku explain this?

Laptopdog
Reel Rookie

Well, obviously we're not going to get any answers from Roku. This question has dropped off the main page, slowly working its way down into oblivion.

dcaropreso
Binge Watcher

But what I don’t get is why are they touting a favorites option when it doesn’t exist? 

0 Kudos
PAPPYQ

When Does The 'Favorite Channels' Option Become Available?

I received an email mentioning some new features from Roku. One of the features is being able to set up a Favorites channel list in the Live Channels section. The directions for setting this up was to press the * button on the remote and it should show the option for selecting a Favorite Channel list. However, when I press the asterisk button on my remote, it only gives the option of switching the guide between All Channels and Recent Channels (and selecting Recent Channels doesn't even change anything).

I have a Roku TV from Onn. I'm just wondering when and if this feature for a Favorite Channel list will become available.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
kaium49
Reel Rookie

I received an electronic mail citing some new features from Roku. One of the functions is being able to installation a Favorites channel list within the Live Channels section. The directions for placing this up changed into to press the * button at the remote and it ought to show the option for choosing a Favorite Channel list.

0 Kudos
MKcarnut

I got the May 29, 2021 email also and still don't have the feature.  I've been on chat support multiple times about this, and they don't have any idea what I am talking about.  I even shared with them a link that has the video showing how it's supposed to work.  Each time, chat support says they can't figure it out what the issue is and promise to get back to me.  Eventually, I get an email that shows they think I am asking about the old "auto favorites" feature that they no longer have.  They are clueless.

0 Kudos
Laptopdog
Reel Rookie

Typical way of doing business in America these days; focus on getting bigger and bigger to earn more and more money while providing lousy customer service and disregarding their customers who helped them reach that level of success.

Yeah, there are other apps that provide better features. Stremium, for example. They let you create your own favorites list. Plus, they offer a DVR feature! That's what I've moved on to.

0 Kudos