Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CalebRyan
Level 7

What's going on with my TCL 65R625?

Can somebody please help explain to me what this is? I noticed on a white screen video on the YouTube app within Roku that my TV had these dark ripples going across it in the top quarter of the screen. Then I played the same video by casting to Chromecast to check and didn't see the ripples anymore. However, while watching something on the Netflix app within Roku just now, I noticed the ripples again in a snow scene.

Is this a sign of something being defective with my TV or do you think it has to do something with Roku or the apps? I'm still within the return window, so if this is a defect, I'll have to make an exchange or return.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danbfree
Level 10

Re: What's going on with my TCL 65R625?

It looks like you may have a Dirty Screen Effect issue... TCL TV's have been known for having panel uniformity issues where there are "ripples" from different layers of the panel not being assembled flat enough causing this. You can see if rubbing the area with a clean microfiber cloth using medium firm pressure to " massage" it or you can exchange it, they are having less issues with this now as time goes by  so may be worth it if it is distracting and a panel massage doesn't help enough.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: What's going on with my TCL 65R625?

@CalebRyan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos