Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TB7
Reel Rookie

Weather channel app not working

Weather channel won't let me log in. They take your money, but app won't work, and nobody seems to have answers.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Weather channel app not working

Hey @TB7

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on the Weather Channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Do you receive an error code or message?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rjlozonky

11/29/2022 - I just signed up for the free trial with ROKU for the option of $29.99 a year and when I try to sign in I get an an "that didn't go as planned" error message. I've done the password reset 2 twice before I found this site. I removed the channel from roku > restarted > added channel back and sill same error message. What now?????  I also went to the weather channel website and it said my email didn't have a subscription.

0 Kudos
TB7
Reel Rookie

I went through the same thing. I had to sign in through my phone. Tv app works fine now.

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Weather Channel app. It's frustrating when you're paying for a service that isn't working correctly. Have you tried contacting their customer support team? It might take some time, but they should be able to help you out.

0 Kudos