Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Triumph326
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Home Screen Way too bright!!

Jump to solution

@3terps  Go to settings/ system/ picture settings. Default is brighter. Change it to your likeness 

0 Kudos
3terps
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have, is already in 'darker', and is still too bright!   I would like to get the ability to change the backlight level on the main menu (just like is possible when watching any content).

Triumph326
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It all depends upon the room and the lighting your in. Obviously darker are different then brighter room. The manual even tells you. You can make a suggestion to your tv manufacturer. Darker for a darker room and brighter for a brighter room. It also depends upon your vision 

https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-setup-configuration/01-how-to-adjust-your-tv-settings

0 Kudos
alise0922

Re: Way too bright!!

Jump to solution

I just figured out how to do it if you hit the star button go to picture settings and then fine tune picture it gives you the option of the backlight brightness nd also brightness and all the typical picture settings and what I did was turn the black light and the brightness all the way down and my tv is set to darker and it helped a lot

0 Kudos
3terps
Channel Surfer

Re: Way too bright need assistance

Jump to solution

@alise0922 that's exactly what I want to be able to do, however I can't do that on the home menu, were you able to do it on the home menu?? 😮

PhilB1

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with the home screen on my 65" TCl Roku TV. Too bright and no way to adjust without affecting the channels.

440mike
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Was a solution ever found for this? 

SethNorton
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nope, such a simple request from the developers yet they only push out updates for advertisements.

terpest

Jump to solution

I was the one that started the thread (with a different user) I even called, they don't care they just throw the ball to the manufacturer and the manufacturer throws the ball back to Roku

terpest

Jump to solution

guess they can't throw the ball to the manufacturer this time around with the ROKU TV.. wonder if we bring the issue from the Roku Tv what are they going to say now..