Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrevino72
Binge Watcher

Roku TV Volume increase or decrease by multiples of 3 only

Jump to solution

I have  TCL 43" when I use the Roku remote or even my sound bar remote to either increase or lower the volume it will only do so by jumping 3 levels, like if my volume is at 10 and I press up to increase it will go to 13 or if I lower the volume from 10 it will go to 7 and so on. Is this a setting, is there a way to change this? Jumping by multiples of 3 make it hard to dial is just the right volume level.

Ain't nothin To it But To Do it
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbakke
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume increase or decrease by multiples of 3 only

Jump to solution

Updated ROKU Software. Issues corrected. I use RF.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@matrevino72

Thanks for the post.

Are you using your soundbar for audio and is the sound coming out of the soundbar? If you disconnect your soundbar and try to control your volume, do you experience the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
matrevino72
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, I am using the sound bar for audio, that's why I purchased it, and yes, audio is coming out of the sound bar.

Yes the problem still exists when the sound bar is unplugged and not used. That was also one of the reasons I purchased the sound bar in hopes it would fix the issue. Also as stated it doesn't matter if I use the TV remote or the sound bar remote, same thing.

Ain't nothin To it But To Do it
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@matrevino72

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku TV from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass along your information to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shay96

Jump to solution

I have a roku tv and an onn 5.1 sound bar and my volume increases and decreases in multiples of 6.

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have a 65R635 with an LG soundbar and my volume is a bit strange too.  Between 1 and 15 it increases in increments of 1.  Above 15 it does this

15>17>19>23>27>31>34>38>42>46>50>54>58>62>64>66>68>70>72>76>80>84>88>92>96>100

I'm sure there's a pattern in there somewhere but I can't see it.   In some steps it goes up by 2, other steps by 3, other steps by 4.  It's not linear.  You'd think it might increase the increments as you get higher but for example, between 19 and 31 it's increments of 4, then it's an increment of 3, then a couple of increments of 4, but between 62 and 72 it's all increments of 2, then it goes back up to increments of 4. 

This is with the soundbar.  When the soundbar is off and I use the TV's speakers it works normally and goes up in increments of 1. 

Jump to solution

I'm also having he same issue with my TCL roku tv and TCL alto 6 soundbar. Before i got the soundbar the tv volume adjusted by 1 either up or down, since i hooked up my soundbar through the hdmi arc plug my volume adjusts by 3 in either direction.

pana2211

Jump to solution

Has anybody figured out this issue? Mine is still doing it.

0 Kudos
rlavigne
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same volume issue with my TCL Roku 75R635.

I just bought a new Vizio 5.1 surround system with a soundbar, subwoofer and 2 satellite speakers.

As soon as I hooked it up and tested it to see if it was working, the volume started increasing and decreasing in increments of 2 when I adjusted the volume and the volume seems lower than it was with my older surround system even though the one I just bought is the newest, up to date surround system. With my old surround system, the volume at level 3 was sufficient to hear the program I was watching, but now the volume needs to be at least at level 6 to get the same level of sound whether I use the TV speakers or the surround system, I get the same results.

I have tried everything I can think of (except factory resetting my TCL TV since that would be a pain since I would lose everything, settings, account, etc), but nothing seems to correct the problem and the problem persists whether the soundbar is connected or not connected.

I even tried factory resetting the surround system, disconnected everything, shutting off the TV and starting from scratch, but it did not work. I also have tried with the TV volume both "On" and "Off" while using the surround system, but that doesn't work either.

Funny part is this new Vizio surround system replaced my old Vizio surround system and I never had this problem with the Vizio surround system I just replaced, the volume performed normally and seemed louder at a lower volume level. This issue just started after I connected my new surround system and like I said, it increases and decreases in increments of 2 even when the surround system is not connected and it does not matter whether I use my Roku remote or the surround system remote.

I hope someone figures this out soon as it is quite aggravating and very annoying!

ZaG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the sameish thing happening I have the 36" 5.1 onn soundbar and the inn roku tv and it will go up by 5 or 6 or 7 but never one and its the difference between not being able to hear it and my walls vibrating. When the sound bar is off the tv goes up and down normally but once the soundbar is on its never 1