Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Volume goes up by itself

Jump to solution

Hi,

I got my TV about 3months ago and today it started acting weird. I'd put some music on with the volume at 5 and after a while it went up to a 100. I turned down the volume and it did again. I tried unplugging my TV and restarting it but it didn't have any impact. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Volume goes up by itself

Jump to solution

@atc98092 It wasn't the remote has I had tried to hide it were the signal didn't reach and it would still do it. However it stop doing it this morning so idk what happened but everything's back to normal now.

Thanks for your time

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

You've probably already checked, but see if the volume buttons on the remote might be sticking. But if it's happening when no one is touching the remote, that's unlikely. Perhaps someone is messing with you and using a Roku app on a phone or tablet to change your settings. But they'd have to be connected to the same network as the TV for that to happen.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@atc98092 It wasn't the remote has I had tried to hide it were the signal didn't reach and it would still do it. However it stop doing it this morning so idk what happened but everything's back to normal now.

Thanks for your time

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I HAVE A TCL ROKU AND STARTED DOING THE SAME. ANY ANSWERS?

@AlexFred wrote:

Hi,

I got my TV about 3months ago and today it started acting weird. I'd put some music on with the volume at 5 and after a while it went up to a 100. I turned down the volume and it did again. I tried unplugging my TV and restarting it but it didn't have any impact. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

IS NOT THE REMOTE. I REMOVED THE BATTERY AND KEEP GOING UP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Anyone find a solution. It just started on my TCL Tv as well. So annoying!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey, even I'm facing the same issue on my to roku tv since a month. Initially it was increasing volume on its own and then it started decreasing since couple of days.

Tried remote reset and hard rest but didn't help. Let me know if there is any solution for this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Jump to solution

I just bought a tv from someone off Facebook and it's doing this also. Is there any way to stop it? Or do I need to try to get my money back

0 Kudos