Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Volume button won't turn up only goes down

Jump to solution

Roku TV 3 months old.  Volume button stuck.  Whether you push for volume to go up or down, it only goes down.  I have to keep going in an factory reset it.  Please help!  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Volume button won't turn up only goes down

Jump to solution

@mbungert 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

You can buy Roku tv IR remotes off of ebay for under $10. You can go to walmart or best buy ad buy wifi voice remote rc-al7r separately. Walmart also has grwat little universal remote that works great on roku tv's, its One-For-All urc-7935 streamer universal remote on sale for $16.88:P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@mbungert wrote:

Roku TV 3 months old.  Volume button stuck.  Whether you push for volume to go up or down, it only goes down.  I have to keep going in an factory reset it.  Please help!  

If it is only 3 months old it should be under warranty.  Ask dealer of company for a replacement remote.  I had to get a replacement remote for a TCL Roku TV.  They were very prompt.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mbungert 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I contacted the ONN. Tv mfg.  This is the reply I received:

Hello Mary,

Thank you for contacting ON

Hello Mary,

Thank you for contacting ONN Remote Support.

We apologize, however while the names of our products are similar, we do not manufacture the ONN product you are inquiring about. ONN is a private label for Walmart and we are the manufacture for selected ONN products, such as the ONN universal remotes and ONN surge protectors. Unfortunately are unable to find a manufacturer responsible for this product 

ONN Remote Support.

Names are similar, they are exact AND mfg televisions!  What the !    

0 Kudos