Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Volume Up turns Volume DOWN - RokuTV TCL 50S523-CA with Soundbar attached by Optical

[post moved to appropriate board]

Just got a new Roku TV, connected my Soundbar by Optical cable.

In Settings>System>Control Other Devices - I tried enabling and disabling ARC and System Audio control

On the Roku remote the Volume UP button lower volume on my soundbar.

The Volume Down & Mute buttons do not work at all. 

Is there any way to resolve this issue? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Volume Up turns Volume DOWN - RokuTV TCL 50S523-CA with Soundbar attached by Optical

I looked for a fix, couldn't find one. Needed to buy a new one. 

One solution that others thought of was taking off battery for 60 seconds, then putting in new ones.

Then there is something as doing a reset on it, but I don't think it works for every controller.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Volume Up turns Volume DOWN - RokuTV TCL 50S523-CA with Soundbar attached by Optical

Thanks. But, bought a new what? TV? 
Was it just a faulty remote, or did you buy a different TV? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I bought a new remote. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem. No solution I have found!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue. Has anyone figured out a fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Unfortunately, no fix. I returned the TCL and bought a Sharp RokuTV instead. No issues.

Highlighted
Level 7

Ever figure out a fix? I've had this issue for a year now. **bleep** kids lost the volume remote 4 months ago, although we started using the firestick again and it works perfectly fine with the firestick remote. i can control the volume like normal. the firestick is just so dang old, it lags a lot. good thing i plan to upgrade to a 75 inch. definitely wont be buying another fake 4k tcl roku again (upscaled 4k btw).

edit: just saw that OP returned and bought a better tv. congrats op!

0 Kudos