Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmo
Level 7

Voice roku remote work with Roku TV?

I purchased a new tv which in on the rocky platform on it. I was told that I could purchase a voice roku remote that would work with my tv and the other apps on my tv? Is this correct?

if so, how do you go about pairing the voice remote with your tv? I’m not very technically inclined. If someone could help I’d appreciate it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice roku remote

Its good chance all you have to do is have the tv on, put in the batteries into the voice remote and press the pairing key in the battery compartment for 3 seconds and release, have it close to the tv and message should show on screen saying its pairing. Just let it do its thing, it might just go away and not give you hint it worked, at this point try the remote.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Kmo
Level 7

Thank you for your help. I’m not very technically inclined and the sales person first started telling me I needed to download some app and use my phone to use the voice part of the remote. That made no sense to me.

can you tell me does the voice remote work for regular tv stations or just for streaming services?

once again I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

This has to be Roku tv, the roku remote doesn't have 0-9 key and roku do not respond to them either, and there are no up and down ch keys either, you would have to control the tv channels via the guide, up, down, left and right by use of the cursor pad. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kmo
Level 7

Can you use the voice remote for streaming and the remote that comes with the tv to use for operating regular tv channels?

thanks again

kevin

0 Kudos