Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Vidgo app does not work on my roku tv.

Jump to solution

I open up the Vidgo app on my Roku TV.  You see the channel list.  You click on a channel and click on watch live, it goes back to the channel list.  Vidgo says it is a Roku problem, not a Vidgo problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Vidgo app does not work on my roku tv.

Jump to solution

@dc9dog @dgj8313 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem and so is my son on his Roku TV.  It all worked fine before the most recent outage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@dc9dog @dgj8313 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I filed a trouble ticket with vidgo.  Below is their reply. 

Team Vidgo has notified Roku that our customers using "Roku Powered" Smart TVs are experiencing streaming issues at this time. Roku Smart TV Models impacted: 

TCL, HISENSE, JVC & SHARP 

For clarity, affected Vidgo customers are using one of these Smart TVs that have Roku integrated directly into the device. Customers using a Roku Stick to plug in to any Smart TV to watch Vidgo are not affected by this issue. 

Currently there is no resolution timeframe from Roku, but we will keep you appraised as updates are made available. 

We apologize for this inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Insignia Roku TV can also be added to the list of Roku TVs that can no longer stream the vidgo app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

For Vidgo Customers using one of these "Roku Powered" Smart TVs:

TCL, HISENSE, JVC or SHARP

We have been informed by Roku the issue with these brands has been resolved.

As a reminder, Customers using a Roku Stick to plug in to any Smart TV to watch Vidgo were not affected by this issue.

NEXT STEPS

If you have one of the above Smart TVs, we recommend:
1. On your Roku TV, delete the app and install again. This will allow the app to automatically update to the latest release.
2. Login as usual and enjoy Vidgo!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked for me.  Maybe now I'll consider re-activating my account!!  Thanks for the guidance.

0 Kudos