Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoofD82
Reel Rookie

Verizon FIOS sometimes shows a green tinted video on HDMI1 or 2 for TCL Roku TV

WhenIMG_1932.jpgIMG_1933.jpg

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RoofD82
Reel Rookie

Re: Verizon FIOS sometimes shows a green tinted video on HDMI1 or 2 for TCL Roku TV

Hi All,

Does anyone else get these screens when connecting to FIOS from a TCL Roku tv?  Roku support suggested possibly changing the HDMI cable, but the only thing that fixes it short term is a system restart, but the green screen eventually comes back.  Wondering what others thing, or if they've seen it.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Verizon FIOS sometimes shows a green tinted video on HDMI1 or 2 for TCL Roku TV

I am a verizon fios customer that has a westinghouse and a sharp Roku TVs. The green screen problem has never happened to my TVs.

0 Kudos

This is literally happening to me right now. I have no idea what’s happening and it’s a TCL Roku TV as well.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

You might want to check your HDMI cable by reseating the cable on both ends or swap cable with another working HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
RoofD82
Reel Rookie

I ended up swapping HDMI cables, and the symptoms stopped dramatically.  However it did happen once recently in the last week.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello Community Users, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

If you are still seeing the issue occur, we suggest you check the video cable it should be firmly connected to the Verizon FIOS and to the HDMI on the Roku TV, or may try using another cable and see if it helps. 

We would also suggest you restart your Roku TV before making the connection, to do this go to the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart.

Please keep us updated. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

Udi150

This happened to me a few months ago for several days, then went away. The green came back a few days ago, and this time i found the solution online: Go to Settings, then Video Settings (barely visible through the green, but you can find it). You’ll see that your resolution is set to 2160p for some reason. Change it to 1080p and that will fix it.   Until the Fios box decides to randomly change it back to 2160, but at least now you know what to do. Upshot is, this is a fios box problem, not Roku or your hdmi cables.

danyelledr

@Udi150 This fixed the problem immediately. Thank you. 

0 Kudos